Saturday, March 28, 2015

Kick Your Knees UP and smile!

Oh, today has been such a busy one!

Packed with all kinds of fun things.

Callbacks for Mary Poppins were this morning and I had a blast! I am amazed at how much I am enjoying theater! Even callbacks are fun!

This was my token picture I took at the red light on my way home because I forgot to take one while at callbacks.


I had to laugh, though.

Part of callbacks was learning a tap number.

Ha!

Let me tell you, I tried hard to get it.

All I tried to focus on was kicking up my knees at the right time and smiling all the while as if I had complete confidence!

Funny because I realized I just saw an analogy of my life.

That's what you have to do through life sometimes.

Kick your knees up and smile.

I don't always know what I am doing raising 3 children with special needs.

Heck, I don't even know what I am doing with myself sometimes.

I have learned, though, that dropping everything and pouting doesn't get me very far.

Jumping in and trying as hard as I know how, even while fumbling, all with a smile on my face has just got to, at least, stand for something.

It kind of brings a new meaning to that quote I've heard many times, "Life is a stage."

Sometimes, even when life is hard, if we can keep a smile on our face then, maybe no one will notice all the mistakes we are making along the way and they can just focus on our attitude and not so much our imperfectness.

Day 86 of 365 Days of Up

0 remarks: