Thursday, March 26, 2015

I didn't see that coming...

I tried out for another play tonight!

Mary Poppins!

I'm not sure if I am cut out for being turned down 3 times in a row so I am hoping that the third time really is a charm. Callbacks are Saturday so I am assuming that I'll hear something tomorrow.

That was my UP. Auditioning and seeing some theater friends.

My nervous face just before auditioning.


Now for what I didn't think would be an UP and the only thing keeping me getting through was the thought that I had to be on the mode of "practically perfect in every way":

Sister's IEP.

Duh. Duh. Duh.

When you have a child in school with special needs you have something that is called and Individualized Education Plan (IEP). You sit with a team of educators and discuss all the goals that you want your child to be able to accomplish. It sounds nifty, but it can get hard because in needing to get all the help for your child that they need, you sometimes, have to focus on what they can't do.

It's not really the funnest time to sit and talk about the negatives in your child's achievements or lack thereof.

I stayed positive even through the negative and it actually was a very successful and motivating IEP.

I walked away feeling so thankful for Sister's teacher, Dr. H and how he knows Sister so well.

I took my positive energy home and stayed UP until it was time to head out for my audition.

Then I got to my audition and a bomb was dropped.

Or so it seemed.

While I was waiting for my turn to audition I decided to check my emails.

An email from Dr. H and it wasn't a happy one about Sister's successes in class that day.

Nope.

It was a letter informing me and the other parens of the kids in his class that he had been told this very afternoon that his contract was not going to be renewed.

!!!

I am shocked.

I hope it didn't show in my audition.

I don't think it did.

But, I am still feeling it now.

So, after all the success Sister has had with Dr. H this school year and the amazing IEP goals he had written up for her he is only going to be around until the end of this school year.

I. Did. Not. See. That. Coming.

I just got done telling you all about what an answer to prayers Sister's teacher has been.

Now I am telling you that he may not even be able to help her through the 5th grade.

To say I am shocked might be a bit of an understatement.

And, yes, I did send the principal a letter.

I just hope I get a response.

0 remarks: