Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cherry Blossoms and Nickels

I took Ranger on a walk this morning after I got the kids off to school.

This time I did not run into a blizzard.

Quite the contrary. I walked by some cherry blossoms!




There's just something special about cherry blossoms. I am sure partly I love cherry blossoms because it reminds of living next to the cherry orchards in Santaquin for 8 years. I always knew it was  spring when I saw the sea of pink petals in the orchards on my bike rides.

I just had to take a selfie in the sun and wind of what felt like spring.

The shadow on my face looks like I'm being attacked by a muppet...
And, then, of course, I had to take a picture of magnificent Timpanogos that is practically in my front yard! Obviously it was an UP to see the beauty all around me in my little corner of Orem.

Brother had a choir festival at school today and was so excited to go dressed in his uniform for his festival. He told me when he got home how much fun he had and the different schools that came to the festival. I treasure conversations like that with him.

The rest of my day was full of work, chores and mommy duties. Nothing terribly exciting until 7pm when I received a phone call from a very special friend of Brother's. He just happened to have an hour of free time and wanted to spend it with Brother!

Brother was nervously excited and was intrigued about going to play arcade games at the local NickelCade.


Matt and Kylee sent me this picture to show me how happy he was. He kept saying. "Oh! This is so fun!"

I try not to embarrass Matt and Kylee too much, but I do have to say that they have gone above and beyond being friends to Brother. Brother has NOT made it easy for them. Brother just struggles so much with social situations and especially struggles in being social with boys. Matt has not given up on being Brother's friend and I can see that it is making a world of difference.

So that's my biggest UP of the day. Just knowing there is another adult out there who loves Brother as if he's their own. It warms my heart and gives me hope. I know that Brother can learn a lot from Matt and I hope he is OK with me giving him public attention today, because this isn't the first time he has done something amazing for Brother!

I've said it a million times, and I don't mind saying it a million more, but our family is so blessed beyond comprehension. I can't even begin to list all the many helpers and volunteers we have in our lives.

I pray (often) that the service that is rendered to us may be paid forward in some way when we can.

Day 68 of 365 days of Up

0 remarks: