Sunday, May 24, 2015

Somewhere Between Krispy Kreme and Arby's

Well, my UP is quite simple today.

This happened:

So you see our three kids in this picture? Do you notice that 2 of the 3 are smiling?

Yep!

This was a party with some of my fellow cast-mates at Tyne and Cam's home (pictured left).

Our kids have never met these people.

Our kids have never been to this house.

They did fabulous!

Sister even talked with them and asked them questions and told them things about herself.

It was so awesome!

Brother didn't scream or run or freak out! He did spill a lot of pretzels on the floor, but I'll take that!

Baby didn't fall apart. She just stayed in their little one's bedroom and played.

It was amazing.

You wanna know why I think it went so well?

Well, at least had a part of it anyway.

I told them they could earn tokens to go toward their prizes and they were so excited. As soon as we got in the car Sister asked if she earned her tokens so that she could get her Angry Birds coloring book! Brother came home and even did an extra job to earn extra tokens  so he could get his box of Sweet tarts! Baby is still learning the concept of the tokens and took what she "earned" and took some of Brother's Sweet Tarts... poor guy.

It may not be only because of the tokens.

It might have a little something to do with trying to take them to as many things as we can so they can used to being with crowds, or maybe it has something to do with knowing what things can set them off, and it might have a little something to do with noticing their body language when they have had enough.

But I think the tokens helped.

OH! And another up today was my awesome date I went on with my hubby and some friends. We went restaurant hopping and it was such a blast! Good times! The title of this post may have been the line we laughed at several times when comparing to levels of fun/good... I guess you had to be there...


Day 144 of 365 Days of Up

0 remarks: