Friday, May 15, 2015

Arm-propped Sleeper

I fell asleep in the oddest position today.

No, really, I did.

I struggle with falling asleep whenever I am sitting down. If I am not moving on my feet it's like my body says, "Mmm. Nap time."

So I was working on some of my photos that I just took recently and I kept nodding off. I was sitting in my chair and my head would start to lean to the side as I got dozy so I just thought, "Oh, I'll just prop my head on my hand and rest my eyes for a minute.

Rest my eyes.

Rest my eyes?

My eyes don't rest. They shut down.

If my eyes are closed, I'm done. Slap some butter on me because I am toast. No eye resting here people. I, my friends, am a dozer, a sleeper, a nodder.

So while just resting my eyes I fell into a deep sleep, but woke with a start. I woke up with drool running down the right side of my mouth an onto my chin and my neck feeling a little kinked.

I had propped my head on my arm and hand that were leaning on the arm of my office chair. My elbow was propped on the chair arm and my hand was bent backwards with my palm up so my face was resting there. Guessing the time, I think I was out for about 15-20 minutes... enough for the drool to make an appearance anyway.

Picture my arm and hand bent into and "L" shape with a bowling ball-weighted head sitting on it for 20 minutes.

My hand felt like it had just been reattached after being severed. You know that tingly feeling you get when you fall asleep on your knees or sit cross-legged too long... that tingly-numb-stinging sensation? Well, this was worse. I kept moving my hand back and for at the wrist because I was intrigued by the strangeness of this feeling.

I actually laughed at myself. Out loud. Alone. In front of a pictured face still staring at me from my computer screen, which, by the way is an interesting way to to wake up. When you wake up after a much needed nap it is always a little unnerving to have a face staring at you 5 inches away from your own face. It makes it a little more comical when you are groggily waking and can't figure out if you are looking at someone for real or in a dream and then you realize they are a computer screen.

Yes, I know, a random bit of happening, but it made me laugh so I hoped it would for you too.

My big UP today was Sister earned her 10th token today. She has been saving up since last week to get 10-token prize. She was so excited and so proud of herself. She had been working toward getting her Lego figure but got excited about some of the other prizes that were in the bag. She eventually settled on taking what she had been working for.

I love it when I have a good parent moment.

Those don't happen as often as I'd hoped, but I guess I'll take it.

Day 135 of 365 Days of Up

1 remarks:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Sister! Let's hope the momentum continues!!