Saturday, May 9, 2015

Oh baby!

Nope.

This post isn't about my Baby.

This post is about Brother's baby.

...

Yup. He brought home a baby from school for his child development class!

I talked to him about doing this. He really wanted to do it. He really wanted to do what his other classmates were doing and they were all going to bring home a "Real Care" baby so they can learn what it is like taking care of a newborn.

...

What was I thinking?

Seriously, what was I thinking?

I think that I get so used to Brother and I forget that he isn't like typical kids and when I and his teacher try to explain how lifelike these babies are he just did not get it.

I asked him in frustration, "You wanted to do this. Remember? I tried to tell you it would be like caring for a real baby. Did you think it was going to be pretend?"

"Yes," he answered.

That was my lightbulb moment.

Of course he didn't realize how life-like it would be.

It's a doll.

Not a baby.



Someday I will figure out how to be the mom of special needs children.

It was a rough day starting at 3:00 when the baby became "activated." Brother was falling apart to hear the baby cry and not knowing just quite how to stop it, but then would smile proudly when he was able to feed it or change it's diaper.

It really is cute to watch. It reminds me a lot of when Baby was first born. Brother was one of my biggest helpers.

I'm seeing that Baby really wants to be a big help too.


So even though this has been a rough day, it has also been a really great one.

We even went as a family to a restaurant and ate at the table and everything! Granted, Baby did pull apart a couple of the live daisies that were sweetly decorating our table... but, hey, I am being positive here.

And I forgot to post a few of my UP pictures from the week so I'll do that now before I go to bed and then quickly have to get up to help my 15-year-old with his newborn...

My friend, Elizabeth, took this of me when I was trying out my stilts for Mary Poppins. It made me smile to see that I get to do something a little daring.



Yesterday Sister's teacher sent a picture of the butterfly that had just come out of the chrysalis they had been watching. He sent it in the morning so she could see it as soon as he did!



I had to send him back a picture of her happily excited face:

She's so cute.

Wish me luck having a 6th kid in the house (yes I am counting Marc and Ranger).

Day 128 of 365 Days of Up

1 remarks:

vickit43 said...

Oh my! I am excited to hear that brother handled it so well. It is a great experience for him. You have the best ups!!