Friday, February 27, 2015

The End

I really am on an UP note today.

I just am.

No big fantastical reason.

I am just high on life and ready for more to come.

Why?

I just got my laminator today!

Yup!

Everyone should be excited about a laminator!

Well, OK, so it really isn't that exciting to most, but for me this is one of the signs that I am moving forward and taking on the new and ever-changing challenges of raising 3 children with Fragile X Syndrome.

I'm going to get back on doing the picture schedules again. I am even going to put together some more social stories. Laminating them at home, I think, will be less of a struggle to motivate myself to get things done and put them together.

Also, today was the last run of "Pinkalicious." The run ending isn't exactly an UP, but being a part of the show for the last month, making new friends, learning more about theater and acting, and being encouraged by director, Jerry Elison (one the best known directors in this area) has been an amazing and treasured experience.

At this morning's performance I even got put on the spot and embarrassed by some high school friends when they brought up a skit I had done back in the day. Needless to say, it was funny, yet awkward and they knew it was... stinkers.

Here's the image she caught of me doing my Michael Jackson move... OK, I know it doesn't look like MJ at all, but given the circumstances ...


It made it very official to watch them take the set down tonight:




Oh! And I got another YouTube video done today.

Here it is:

0 remarks: