Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's been one year...

since Kelsey and J.R. moved out to live with their parents.

It was a long, tough year of adjustment.

I am thankful that I was finally able to move forward.

But, I still miss them.

And love them.

But, they are not mine anymore.

J.R. will be 15 tomorrow.

I can't believe he was 8 when he came to live with us.

Wow!

It seems like yesterday that he came rolling in from California with a big smile on his face when he saw our "Welcome Home" banner hanging on the front porch.

Kelsey will be saying goodbye to her boyfriend next week when he leaves for two years on his mission. I laugh, now, thinking about all the boy talks I had with her. Especially the ones when she was 13 and so giddy when a boy talked to her in the hall at school. She was only 10 when she came to live with us and is 19 now!

Again, wow!

I had the tough years, but the fun ones, you know. I was blessed to have them when I did. A lot of memories. A lot of laughs. A lot of tears.

I miss them.

I love them still.

They are going to be sealed for eternity as a family in the LDS temple in February.

I am excited for them. I am so excited for the changes they have been able to make as a family. It has been miraculous to see the growth since Frank joined the church a year ago.

1 remarks:

Ellie said...

i know the time didn't go by as fast for you as seem like it did for me. i can't believe it's been a year! what a wonderful thing for them to be sealed in the temple as well. you have been through so much. seeing my mom's aunt and uncle play a huge role her in life i know the same will be for them and your family as well.