Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I'm Done With Fake

So my eyelashes were fun for a while.

They were an expensive splurge but, I decided they just weren't worth it for me.

I mean when you can feel your eyelashes blowing in the wind when you ride your bike it isn't exactly a "model" look.

And then there's the fact that you can't ever rub your eyes—

Chlorine bugging your eyes after swimming?

Too bad.

Your eye itches...

Deal with it.

Wanna wash off your eyeshadow?

Get creative with a Q-tip.

And never, ever, let anything greasy/oily near your eyes or it dissolves the glue.

Well, at least I got to look pretty for 4 weeks. (smile)

Oh, ya, and then there's the matter they forget to tell you about eyelash extensions... they ruin your eyelashes. I hardly have any left after removing (carefully with baby oil). I look very, hmmm... bare. My bottom lashes are now longer than my top lashes. That's gonna be interesting.

"Hello" thick, black eyeliner. I'll be into that until I get some lashes of my own growin' here.

I'm gonna miss these beauties:

3 remarks:

Rochelle said...

They did look great though! I have never had them, but a lot of my brides just glue them on and wear them for the day and they still look great! I love fake lashes (at least for my brides) I am so used to seeing them now, that it is almost weird when a girl doesn't have them on!! (keep that in mind for family photos:) JK;)

Kirsten said...

Wow I got behind on your posts! Lots of fun t-stuff-love your blogs

Mariah said...

Boo, hoo. They were gorgeous dahling, but eyelashes or no, you're truly beautiful!