Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Car Show Poop

I have to laugh when I hear people say that they are going to give me the "poop" on a situation... I guess that means they're just going to dump it all on me. (insert giggle here)

Anyway, I do have a reason for the title, you'll figure it out.

These pictures are from a few weeks ago, I've just finally gotten around to getting them posted.

We had our local city festival and we took the kids to the car show because Brother loves cars and knows the name of many of them, so we thought we'd encourage the interest.

How could not just LOVE this kid... he is so excited about this car he can hardly contain himself.

Sister liked this car so Brother decided he liked it too.

Sister was so excited to see this BLUE beetle bop... ha! Beetle bop, that's what we called them as kids and I still catch myself saying it sometimes and people look at me really strange.

I laughed out loud when Brother wanted his picture taken with this "car." That's one sweet golf cart.

And this was Sister's most favoritest (just made up a word, sweet)

You know it is really tough to take our kids to things like this. Not just because they are kids, all kids have their tough times with crowds, but, it's different with these kids. I don't exactly know how to explain it... hmm... nope, I think you have to witness it to understand it, otherwise you'll just think to yourself, "Hmmm. Sounds like any other kid."

It's for that very reason, though, that I am so proud when my kids can make it through and entire activity where they are surrounded by people, commotion and revving engines.

Oh, I was also very proud of Sister for stepping and then sitting in the only plop of dog poop in the entire park. That was one for the record.

A bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush... what the heck does that mean?

I say a dog in the park is worth two shoes dipped in poop.

2 remarks:

Anonymous said...

I always have to laugh when I hear your stories, they remind me so much of our own
Rosa

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

I have that problem too -- I try to describe what things are like with my boys but it ends up sounding just like any other kid.... something for us to continue to work on, I guess!!