Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Forgiving

You know, I wish I was as skinny as I was in high school when my pants seemed a little more forgiving.

Now, I'm just trying to forget how many sizes bigger I am than I was then.

I wish my skin was as forgiving now as it was when I was in my 20's.

Now, I have to make sure I don't forget a single step in my skin care routine.

We always want forgiving...

But it seems to be hard to be forgiving.

Have you ever noticed how if we ask for forgiveness we expect to be forgiven.

But if we are the ones who are asked to forgive we aren't willing to let go so easily.

So, put that into perspective:
If you want to be forgiven
You are expected to also forgive.

So, size 2 jeans I forgive you for not fitting me anymore, but can you forgive me for not being able to wear a size 2 again for the rest of my life?

2 remarks:

Julie said...

You wore size 2? That was like 4th grade for me! ;) I love reading your insights, and you are always right on! Thanks!

Joel and Jessie said...

funny and clever!