Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Best in Show

Our little Road Show won!! Wahoo! All our hard work paid off! We got Best Scenery and Best Overall!!! Yee haw! I feel so happy! The kids all did such an awesome job! I really wish everyone could have come too see it. I will get a video of it on here as soon I can get one. In fact, it is just too darn late, I will post pics later, but for now I just had to brag!

Our Road Show won!!! Yay! It was such a hit! People laughed in all the right places!

Here is the skit I wrote. I am posting it so that it will be in my journal and for anyone else who may want to use it.


So White
 written by Rachael Gibson


THEME: “Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.” —Joshua 1:9

Parts: Narrator (reads all parts in different voices), Father (wearing CTR medallion — huge), So White, Seven Dwarfs (Bee-red, Strongann-orange, Ofgood-yellow, Courage-green, Neefer-blue, Notafraid-purple, Nodismay-pink), Prince Charming, Witchifer, Trees and flowers, “Forest” Animals, Moon, Sun

(Curtain opens: Father and So White out enjoying the outdoors together.)

Narrator: Last month in a land not far from here, there was a beautiful mormon girl named So White. Her mother died when she was young and her father did his best to teach her right. So White was always scared of things, she was timid and shy. One day her father shared a scripture with her in Joshua 1:9

Father: “... Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest...”

(trees and flowers nod in agreement)

Narrator: So White acted like a normal teenager and half heard what her father said. But, because she was sweet and kind, she at least hugged him for trying to give her good advice.  Now, not only was So White shy but she was beautiful.  This made the Queen of this land very jealous indeed. The locals called her Witchifer because of her wicked ways.

(trees and flowers shutter)

Witchifer: Ya, and if you aren’t careful I’ll get you and your little dog too!

(the trees put there branches to their mouths gasping)

Witchifer: I mean, because she is fairer than I, I will shoo her into the forest away from her father so she will get scared to death and then I will be the fairest in the land.

(trees and flowers shutter)

Narrator: While Father was away on business Witchifer came up with an evil plan to scare So White into the forest.

Witchifer: Boo!

(trees and flowers cover their eyes and shutter)

SO White: Aaaaaaah!!!! Withersoever shall I go? Oh, the forest, maybe that will be a good place to hide...

(the moon comes out and the stage darkens)

SO White: Oh, oh. I am so scared. What shall I do? (she then sits on the ground and begins to cry)

Narrator: All the little forest animals heard So White crying and came to see if they could help.

Animals’ individual voices: Don’t be afraid! Be Strong! Have Courage! Oh my! (repeated faster each time mimicking the Wizard of Oz, Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh my!)

(All the animals follow So White around while they chant this until she stops in the center of the stage. Then all the animals scatter and exit the stage except a few older ones will  stay just to be in the forest backdrop.)

SO White: (waving goodby to all the little forest animals and blowing kisses) I think I have heard that Advice before...

Narrator: Just as So White was about to remember where she had heard that advice before she heard...

(sun comes out and all the lights go on)

All 7 Dwarfs: Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to church we go....

(the 7 dwarfs all pile into So White as they slam to a stop)

SO White: Oh, I am so sorry. I have been running through the forest because I was so scared. I’m So White. Can you tell me your names?

Dwarfs: (Each Dwarf says their own name in order one quickly after the other.) Bee! Strongann! Ofgood! Courage! Neefer! Notafraid! Nodismay!

SO White: Hmm, all of your names sound so familiar to me... Anway, Witchifer has been after me and I need a place to hide.

Strongann: Hmmm. We don’t know of anyplace.

Notafraid: Neither do I.

Ofgood: I know who you should ask for help!

SO White: Who?

Ofgood: Heavenly Father!

(the seven dwarfs go off singing “hi ho” till faded away)

Narrator: So White knelt to pray just as her father taught her.  But looming behind her in the trees was Witchifer.

(the trees and flowers shutter)

SO White: (looks up) Is there someone there?

Witchifer: Oh, just me, my fair one. Aren’t you afraid? Look at me, I am dreadful. Run, run far far away from here.

SO White: My father taught me to have courage and the Lord is with me. I will not be afraid of you.

(one of the forest animals runs out a bucket of “water” and hands it to So White)

(so white throws the water on the witch)

Witchifer: I’m melting, I’m melting! What a world. What a world. (as she shrinks off the stage)

Narrator: Behind So White came her father down the road, home from his trip.

SO White: Oh Father I am so glad you are here! You would be so proud of me, I was strong, courageous and I was not afraid when I was in the face of Witchifer who came to scare me to death!

Father (hugs so white): You actually listened to what I taught you?

(So White Shrugs)

Father: Oh, sweety, while on my business trip I met a great young man. I want to set you up with him. His name is Prince Charming. I think you would truly live Happily Ever After someday.

(Father puts his arm around So White and they exit the stage, Prince Charming comes running after them)

Prince Charming: Wait! Wait! Don’t I get a kiss?

Narrator 1: THE END

3 remarks:

Mariah said...

It definitely had a Rachael flare to it. We loved it!

Cheryl Meibos said...

Great job Rachael! It was so fun to watch...I loved it how all of the youth cheered after they announced they had won best in show!!! CLASSIC!

Rosanne Orgill said...

way to go! You got best scenery and best overall, wow it was great, I wouldn't know what to write about or anything like that good job