Saturday, July 11, 2015

Have Courage. Be Kind.

Third day without the hubby...

Miss him.

I did get a phone call from him today so that should tide me over until tomorrow.

So I treated myself to a movie today.

I have been wanting to see that new release of Disney's Cinderella since the day I say the previews, but I haven't had a chance to see it. I decided that with all the kids gone I could go to the dollar movie's first showing of Cinderella at 10:30 am.

There were probably 10 other people in there with me.

I guess dark movie theater lighting isn't really my thing...


I was the only one who ever laughed out loud at the funny parts.

I may have even been the only one who cried more than once.

I love movies like this one.

It was such a breath of fresh air compared to so many other movies out there.

I love feeling inspired, encouraged and uplifted during a movie, but I also love movies that I can take away a quote or line of inspiration. This one had many of them. The one, I am sure, most everyone came away with was, "Have courage and be kind."

What I loved was the message that was portrayed by Cinderella that it's not just acting like your courageous and kind but really living it everyday with every challenge you face. There was a line towards the end of the movie said by the narrator, something to the effect that even while having been locked in the attic by her stepmother made her sad, it didn't break her spirit.

Some people may judge me for trying to stay positive as much as possible, thinking that I am being fake, but really I am just trying to have courage to move forward no matter how many challenges come my way. I may get down from some of the things that challenge me in life, but I refuse to let it break me.

While I was trying to find one of the quotes to post from this movie I ran across some Walt Disney quotes and I just have to share them because I admire Walt Disney and all that he did.

“All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all the troubles and obstacles have strengthened me.” – Walt Disney


And another good one he said, “In bad times and in good, I have never lose my sense of zest for life.” – Walt Disney

My lesson learned today is that sometimes it even takes courage to be kind, not only to others, but to ourselves even when we are having struggles and fears to move forward.

"Perhaps the greatest risk any of us will ever take is to be seen for who we truly are." 
—Cinderella 2015

Day 191 of 365 Days of Up

0 remarks: