Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A Disney Princess at Checkout

I had a big day ahead of me today. I knew I wasn't going to have time to shower and get ready before taking the kids to summer camp, but I was hopeful I would get one it later in the afternoon before picking them up at 3:00.

After dropping them off I had to stop at a grocery store to pick up some apples for Brother and I wasn't really excited about it because I was feeling very self conscious about my appearance—no shower, flip-flops, hat, yesterday's left over make-up and frizzy hair boinging out of my cap.

But, hey, a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.

I was hurrying so that I could get back to work on a slideshow project I was putting together for our big Young Women's Camp Wrap-up Activity.

While picking out my apples I had noticed a tall, slender man with quite a determined/serious looking face. I don't know why, in particular, I noticed him, but I recognized him again as I was approaching the checkout line and deciding which line to check out in.

When I noticed the slender stranger I noticed his lightened expression and followed his gaze to the checker ringing up his groceries.

She was a small dark complected girl with a flower in her hair above her ear. She had the look of an islander or Hawaiian beauty, but I don't think it was just her looks, it was the way she moved. She had a bounce in her step that at first made me think she was doing a dance or something while bagging the groceries she had just rung up.

I couldn't stop watching her.

She was SO happy.

SO happy.

I loved it.

She literally had a spring in her step and her smile never once left her face.

When she checked the last of the man's things she handed him the bag with outreached arms and a huge smile on her face.

When she looked up at me to start ringing my groceries I just had to say it, "I LOVE how happy you are. You are just so happy that you have a bounce in your step... really. You bounce. You are such a sweetheart!"

I didn't think her smile could get any bigger, but it did.

She gleamed as she replied to my compliment, "Oh! You are so sweet."

She was now smiling so big and was so bouncy with excitement that I started to laugh and then she complimented my laugh.

It wasn't long before the small, early morning, crowd (another checker and 2 customers) were giggling at our happiness and compliments of each other.

When she got done bagging my $12 worth of groceries she came around the counter with, what seemed a little hula and gave me a HUGE hug.

Not a "what a nice stranger hug," but a "welcome to the family hug."

I couldn't stop smiling all the way home.

I felt like I had just met a real Disney Princess...

I am starting to think that Sprout's Farmer's Market in Orem is the happiest place on earth.

I didn't even pick up on her name.

You'll know who she is if you see her, though.

She'll make your day just like she did mine. I think meeting someone with a happy outlook on life helped me to keep mine and I was able to get some big tasks finished today.

That was my ultimate UP today.

It also wasn't too shabby listening to the Young Women and leaders laugh and enjoy my slideshow presentation I worked on all day.

I'm so blessed.

Oh, and Jeremy sent me these pictures today from summer camp:

Maybe Brother could be a hairdresser when he grows up. He did one of the staff's hair today.

This was taken while they were waiting for me to come get them. It makes me laugh. Brother and Baby needing sensory and helping each other out and Sister just making sure that her routine is not going to be changed up if I am late.


Day 196 of 365 Days of Up

0 remarks: