Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Time

Ok, so this post is about time. Different kinds of time.

First: Old times
So I got to see one of my high school friends that I haven't seen in 5 years or something like that. It was so good to see her. She, Mary, hasn't changed a bit, other than we are older, wiser and have families. Time has been good to her. She looks great and seems to be doing well. I got to see her sister and parents too. I had to laugh though, because her she asked her mom to take a picture of us and she just couldn't seem to get it right, but the best was when she would start to drop the camera right as the flash would go off--hopefully Mary will post her pics so you can all get a good laugh.

My friend Susan and I still stay in touch. We grew up together. We had the best times playing adventure, Indiana Jones, really anything imaginative.

It is fun to look back at how we were in High School and how we thought we knew everything and that we had done all the important things already... What fun times. Here are some pics I dug up of us. Those of you who graduated with me will enjoy this...



























Mr. Keck with the councils that went the State Wide Council convention -- too good!


Second: Family time
So, I feel that there is never enough time to do all the things that I need to do with my kids. They all have individual needs and I often feel I can't meet them all. Especially when 2 children have Fragile X, another has ADHD and another is, well, a teenager. Need I say more? Anyway, I beat myself up about that. I shouldn't but, what mom doesn't. Then, I worry so much about time with my kids that my poor husband sometimes becomes neglected. I need more time.



Third: Lost time
I wish I could have gone on another mountain ride before Puzzle was gone. She was so fun to run in the meadows--she lived to ride.



I often remember when my grandpa died and how I regretted not spending enough time with him. And now I have 2 grandmas and a grandpa still here and I continue lose time that I should be spending with them. Do they know I love them? I really need to visit them before it is too late and have regrets like I did with my grandpa.


Fourth: No time
I need time. There is no time for everything. I have to prioritize and get everything in order so that I am back to having time.



Fifth: Tough times
I won't get into those. We all have them, we don't need to get all depressed by adding to our lists. Right?

Sixth: The Lord's Time
So we are constantly taught that it will all work out in the Lord's time. Boy, you know, sometimes that is a hard one. Through trials and tribulation... it's just hard to be patient with that kind of time. Life has thrown us some big curves over here, as with any of you reading this.

Seventh: Me time
So, during all this I really want to find time for me. I really need to have the time to put together my family videos, which I love to do--it's a new hobby. Clean off my desk. Organize myself and my house to where I want it to be. And just go out with the girls--you know, be goofy, have fun, feel younger for a bit.



And last: Good Times
Life is good. It is so fun. Last Saturday, I just had a blast with my family at my mom's. We are all so hyper when we get together and it makes me laugh till I hurt. I am so lucky to have a family that we all get along and really enjoy being with each other.

My kids are amazing. They make such good choices (most of the time), they are Christlike examples and they add to my joy.

I have such a great husband who I really love, he is truly my one an only, I would never want to be without him.

Man, I just love my life! I really do. It stinks sometimes, but it's OK, because I have so many people around me that I can rely on and pull me through the tough times

6 remarks:

Kirsten said...

Wow. That was an awesome post. I'm a little embarrassed about those photos...what am I wearing? Ha ha. But anyway I love you to death. I wish SO bad I could have come to the party:( Time...my favorite quote I made up is "Time is money...and that's why I'm poor." I think you are doing fine with your time. Look at all you do!
Have a great day big sis!

Rochelle said...

Wow, looking at all those old pictures, makes me realize how much time has passed!!!! One thing I love about time is that it is fair for everyone, we all have 24 hours a day, I think everyone at our stage in life feels like they don't exactly accomplish much in a day, but deep down we know that we are accomplishing the most important things each day and the time we spend raising our little ones is so short (even though at times it doesn't seem that way:), you have motivated me to spend mine even more wisely. Thanks for the post:)!!!

wendy said...

Don't waist another day loosing time with your grandparents. A call, a letter, a note, will do just as well as a visit, just to say,"I love you, I'm thinking of you". I think that is all they really want, most days. I lost my grandma tonight and I do wish I had more time and time back. It's not how much time you have, but how wise you spend it.
Love you lots.

Annie Valerio said...

Hey those are some fun pic's!!! Yeah we all wish we had more time with our loved ones, it's crazy you get involved with other things and it seems like you wake up and 5 yrs has gone by. I wish I had more time with my sister. I love the high school pic's. I don't see my friends that often anymore. I love your posts they are always so great!!

Shauna said...

You are awesome. I just finished an 8-week course of House of Order by Marie Ricks. She taught a lot about time management and being organized in every area of our lives. It was awesome. There is too much info to get as good as she wants, but I am motivated to take steps to get to it. I will have to put a mini post on my blog and fill u in more. but it was awesome

Ethington Family said...

That picture of us in halarious!! I have never even seen that first one. Or that student council one. Or maybe I have and choose to forget it. how funny!! It was so fun to see you. You look great and are as sweet and talented as I remember. it is hard to believe it was 5 years since seeing you last. take care!!
mary