Friday, June 19, 2015

Special Sibling Discussion

My UP today was something that may seem so simple to most parents, but to me it was nothing short of a treasured moment in time.

Sister had stayed home from summer camp because of a stomach ache (I think it was actually a bit of anxiety) so she was with me and Brother today while Baby went to camp.

Brother was unloading the dishwasher, I was washing the bigger dishes and Sister was cutting pictures out of coloring books and creating her art pieces.

It was so awesome because while we were gathered in the kitchen Brother and Sister were having a back and forth conversation! They were talking about common teachers that they have had, students that they have known because of them moving up from elementary school into junior high. They were talking about what teachers were having babies, who already had one, what students were coming back and who they hoped they would see next year.

It was so amazing.

I soaked in every consonant and vowel!

I was witness to my children being social with each other and sharing stories and experiences with each other.

I loved it!

It made me so happy!

I hope, if you have children, that you appreciate the conversations you children have.

They are special conversations.

Treasure those times.

This was taken last year but is still one of my favorite sibling moments between these two.

Day 169 of 365 Days of Up

0 remarks: