Thursday, June 9, 2011

On Top of the World...

... or at least the parking terrace.

I surprised even myself last weekend when I went out with just the girls.

I was so extremely excited to get out on my own, no kids, no hubby (love you, honey), no responsibility, no curfew!!!!

YEE HAAW!!

Then, to top it all off, I was going to a FREE concert to see MINDY GLEDHILL!!!!!!!!   AAaaaaaaAAAaaaahhhhh!!!! If you don't know how much I love Mindy Gledhill, or you don't know Mindy Gledhill, check this out.

The place was crowded when we got there (the top of a parking terrace), but I refused to sit way in the back so me, and my 3 friends, (yup that's all of 'em) walked right up to the front about 4 feet from the stage and planted ourselves where we could see right up Mindy's nose! Yep! Right there.

I was so hyper I think I may have embarrassed myself and my friends. My sister, Kirsten joined us soon after we got there and I know I embarrassed/shocked her with my free spirit.


CJane was the one who was in charge and I made her laugh a few times with my excitement. In fact she thought I was so funny (crazy), I won a CD of the opening act, Ryan Innes.


I loved his "Butter" song... it was even funnier because Mariah brought some of her homemade bread and store bought butter (I say "store bought" because Kirsten asked if she made the butter too... hee hee). We were so sad that we didn't bring it out during that song and give him some bread and butter, bwa ha ha ha ha!!!

And then Mindy Gledhill came out!! Aaaahh!!! She looked awesome! Before her performance there were a view technical glitches with her microphone so she came out and shook our hands! At that point I was so glad that we were in front. I am stealing some pictures from my friend for those pictures!
This is one Mariah took as she was passing over us to shake more hands.

Her guitarist/back-up vocalist was amazing!

I tried taking one of myself and, wow!, that was just absolutely hilarious. I was not going to post it but, I just had to because it makes me remember how goofy I was. I think I am saying, "Did I get it?"
Yup that's me in the bottom left-hand corner... with my mouth open... hmmm
Crazed fan? No. Just a stay-at-home mom of 3 children with Fragile X Syndrome who got out for a girl's night. (smile)

Well, the night just got better and I was in heaven being out on a beautiful summer's eve on a roof top, mountains cascading the skyline, wonderful music blaring into my ears (remember, we were in FRONT), and my sister and friends to laugh and sing with.

We even got to see Meaghan Smith. I was so looking forward to hearing this song, but she didn't perform it because the instrument she needed for it wasn't working. I yelled out for her to play it anyway, she gave me a courtesy smile and went on with her encore performance of moon river.


Kirsten had to part ways after the concert because she has a wee one at home.

So the rest of us went to party on and celebrate Wendy's birthday some more.

I think I just got more hyper from there.

In fact, I was a bit embarrassed... when I was asking the waiter what they did for the birthday patrons that come in, I was a bit giddy and apparently he thought I was drunk so he offered me a marguerita or something to that affect (see I don't even know how to spell it). I looked at him and laughed, "You're offering me alcohol? I don't drink." He laughed and walked away. I turned to my friends and asked, "Good heavens, if I am like this without a drink, why would he think I needed another?"

It was then that I realized I may be a bit out of control... but when I walked to the bathroom there was a partition wall at the bottom of where we were eating so I acted like I was going down some stairs and then back up... I just couldn't help it, I was so happy, my humor was running rampant!

Hopefully my friends will still hang out with me. (wink)

Seriously though, I had a ball. I had had a tough week the week before and so this was a real pick-me-up.

Yay for girlfriends and sisters!!!!

5 remarks:

Paola said...

I had a GREAT TIME with you guys! I LOVE your energy, your loud laugh and how spontaneous you are. Oh! I also love how "shy" you are LOL. It was a great night, we have to do that again!

Ellie said...

i really want to hang out with you...besides just at a family party.=)

Mariah said...

I echo Paola! Too much fun and you can be my crazy sidekick anytime!

Rochelle said...

Ahhh So much fun!

Kirsten said...

That was a blast. It was great to get out-even if my husband was a little frazzled when I got home;) Thanks for the invite!