Saturday, March 5, 2011

Greasy Milk

You know, you would think that after all of the mischievous things that Sister is capable of, that I would learn my lesson.

She woke up at 5 am. I wasn't ready to wake up at 5 am. So I told her she could play in her room.

I zonked.

I even slept through Marc getting ready for work.

When my alarm went off at 7:30am to wake the kids for school I pushed "snooze" at least 6 times because I didn't get myself dragged out of bed until 8:03am.

I went to Sister's room expecting her to still be in there playing happily, waiting for me to wake her up for school... What?

Really? What was I thinking?

Of course she wouldn't still be in her room.

With bleary eyes and a morning swagger I stumble into the kitchen to find...
Milk! All over the counter!

My initial reaction was, "Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!"

And then I quickly turned it into a positive and thought to myself, "Wow, she tried to pour herself a bowl of cereal. I am so proud of her. Aww....." Then I pause in my thought and think, "Why in the world did she decide to fix a bowl of cereal right here?"

So I turn when I hear two little feet scurry under the table. I know what I am about to see is not good because Sister had to hide so that I wouldn't know who did it...

But, before she crawled under the table I saw out of the corner of my eye that she was spraying something out of a spray bottle in no particular direction other than everywhere.

As I run across the floor to grab whatever it was out of her hands, I slip....

wait...

slip?

I haven't cleaned my floor to that consistency in at least a week (or so). Why am I slipping? In bare feet no less....

Oh, I see.
Well, I can vouch for ArmorAll. It does give a nice shine and a sleek seal. In fact it seals on so well that along with scrubbing, dish soap, comet and even a steamer, I can still slide on  my floor with bare feet.

But it didn't stop with the ArmorAll...

She had blue construction paper on the table that she had sprayed down and left some big blue stains on my table. (I think the hand sanitizer was used in this mess too—Sister calls it hanitizer.)


It didn't stop there, I also found a whole roll of tape in various places on my newly shined floor, and on  the table, and  on the fridge, and on the walls, and... eh, you get the basic idea.
Oh, and after my thorough inspection of the damage I realized that it wasn't milk on the counter that I first saw... it was ArmorAll... not easy to clean off of a plethora of things that accumulate on a junk drawer encased counter top.

All in all, I was able to at least scrub the stains off my antique table and still rush Sister and Brother out the door to the bus in only 20 minutes.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Sister has left the building.

She has also left her mark.

(smile)

P.S. I wasn't laughing when I was telling my sister the story over the phone. But, just as I predicted, I am laughing about it now. Especially when everyone who walks into my kitchen slips just a little and then I have to explain why my floor is so clean...

3 remarks:

Rochelle said...

Oh my! And I was bugged when Katalina opened the Tylenol and poured it on the carpet! You win!! :)

Mariah said...

Wow! It's always good to have an unbelievable post once in a while... just to keep your audience reading on.

When Tylee put vaseline in her hair and all over the walls, it took olive oil then dish soap to get it out. (And a little Magic Eraser takes those blue stains away.)

If I get bored, I'm going to come ice skating on your floor. :)

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

Thanks for the floor shine tip, I never would have thought to try Armour All! And I agree with Sister, it SHOULD be called hanitizer, that makes good sense!