Saturday, March 30, 2013

Climbing, Chasing, and Hunting

I know, I get worn out just reading the title.

I LOVE to rock climb. I got hooked on it as a teenager, and by "hooked" I mean, I only did it a handful of times but I fell in love with it and wished I had more money to make it a sport of recreation more often. Marc and I went twice when we were first married and Marc wasn't as sold on it as I was, so we found other things that we both liked. Would you  have ever guessed that we were big backpackers during our first 3 years of marriage? Ya, we've had some little adventures.

Well, we went rock climbing at and indoor climbing center for our date on Friday.



It. Was. So. Much. FUN!!

I was only able to reach the top a total of 3 times and belayed Marc at least 5 or 6 times and my arms were limp at my sides like wet noodles. Noodles, I say, wet, overcooked spaghetti noodles.

I am out of shape, but I guarantee I will get into shape for a new love. Marc is hooked too, so this is the sport we can do together. I can't do basketball and volleyball anymore because of my back and knees but my arms are still good and climbing is going to be my sport! Yes! It's such an adrenaline rush and I am excited to have a sport to do with Marc again, and on my own with friends.



After getting home and getting the kids in bed we watched "Chasing Mavericks" with Gerard Butler. Yep, I am a Gerard Butler fan. I am also a surfing fan and so is Marc so we have been excited to see this movie. We don't get to the theater often so the DVD player is our friend.

This movie is based on a true story. I love movies like that. This movie, was so good. I just loved it. The surfing in it is awesome, the love story is sweet and the lessons are memorable.

We loved the movie so much that we brought it to the family Easter party to watch with everyone.

Yep, that's where the hunting comes in. We were hunting for candy and Easter Eggs in Jessie's back yard. It has been a tradition for, I think, 9 or 10 years now to gather at Jessie's before Easter for the hunt and the dinner. We always have fun, and this year was no different.

Coloring eggs and playing a little basketball shoot were a few of the highlights of my day.


Here are some of the eggs the grandkids colored. They were having a blast. Brother made sure to inform me that he likes to color eggs but not eat them. Baby enjoyed stirring hers in the liquid so she only ended up with one when she finally got bored of it and ran off. Hers is the bright red one on the top left.

Sister had just as much fun dyeing her hands as she did the eggs. I wish I would have had a picture of her bright blue fingers. But, after Jessie did some searching on the internet we tried Whitening Toothpaste and it worked! We only had to repeat it once and it worked like a charm. So if any of you mothers are worried about sending your colored fingered children to church tomorrow, try the paste...
I love coloring eggs. Love it! I have to try very hard to let the kids have all the fun,
but I have to at least do one each year. So this was the one.
Then is was the basketball shoot in the basement. Sister was VERY excited about making her shots!

Marc kicked my butt, but I was giggle the whole time... did I just say "butt, but?" ... yep, I did. Hmmm. Kinda funny...

Well, after all the fun we had this weekend this is how I feel now.

This is Sister  this past week. She loves to read. This day, reading must have been very hard work. She just laid down right on her book and took a nap. I put the blanket on her to keep her warm and so that she would sleep longer. She's so quiet and un-mischievous when she sleeps... I know... that makes it sound like a bad mom, but hey, she was warm and I got dinner made early.

0 remarks: