Saturday, March 23, 2013

The little things...

You know it's the little things in life that can make you happy.

Finding out that they make dark chocolate Cadbury Mini eggs and having your dad share some with you at a family dinner.

Getting to talk to both my sisters within the space of 1 hour because they needed me.

Having my sister-in-law call me to say they want our family to come visit them in Illinois for a week.

Having my other sister-in-law send me a picture of me making my nephew laugh.



Marc's mom and dad stopping by for a visit just because they are in town.

Seeing that my nephew, J.R., made a picture of him and Baby after she was born and his memory of her, as his Facebook profile picture.


My mom calling just to see how I am.

Friends texting to have their kids come play with my kids.

Clean sheets.

Compliments.

Sincere apologies.

Naps.

Hearing Baby say "Rachael" to get my attention.

Sister's hugs in the morning.

Baby's run (or lack thereof).

Brother's giggles.

Marc's kisses.

Watching snow gather in beautiful lines on my big maple tree in the back yard.

Young Women in the neighborhood who volunteer to be with my kids just to read with them or color with them, or just sit at the house while they sleep and I finish a movie at my friends'.

Being able to post all these little things to be remembered.

(smile)

2 remarks:

Karen Mortensen said...

That is so true. It really is the little things that matter.

Rachael said...

True that! ;)