Thursday, March 14, 2013

Seeing the Sites of DC

This is why I wish I would have been able to blog while experiencing everything, because now all I want to do is just post the pictures so that I can move onto blogging about home and my kids and hubby. I hate playing catch up and love to talk about how I am feeling now instead of how I felt a week ago.

But, I am a mother, and all mother's know that we don't always get what we want...

So, I will do my best to give you a short summary or glimpse of what I was feeling by summing up in 1 - 3 words for each collage or picture.

Ready?

Cold and Windy
Mt. Vernon Sites                                                                 What Washington said



Cool old chairs

Tree along Potomac

Look up!

Onassis at Dock

Mt. Vernon pathway

Always ask your tour guide to tell you something they don't usually tell other people and you get to see stuff like the engraving of Civil War Soldiers North and South who came to Washington's tomb to etch their names in the walls as a tribute to what a great man he was. (I know it wasn't 3 words or less.)

Washington's Green House


LOVED Mt. Vernon

American & Natural History                                Arlington and Iwo Jima



And the last picture I wanted to share really isn't a good one. It's just one I knew Brother would get a kick out of. He is so intrigued by the Egyptians and Mummies. He watched a lot of Documentaries about them. So when I saw this I just had to seize the moment, just as he would have. Believe, me people were giving me strange looks as I waited for Tiffany to get a picture.

OK, so that's it. Well, at least what I am going to show you about my site seeing. I figure you don't need to wade through all the images of me standing in from of this or that.

0 remarks: