Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Interrupted

You know when you are trying to talk to another adult and your child keeps saying, "Mom. Mom. Mom. Momma. Mommy. Maahhhhhhhmmmaaaaaa."

You hear them saying it but you are trying to tune it out because you have heard it all day and you just want to finish your adult conversation.

Well...

Background:
I went to my mom's house, with the kids all in PJ's ready for bed, while Marc was busy with exercise. I just thought it would be fun to hang out with my parents for no particular reason.

My mom was so excited to show me all the furniture she had re-done. One of them was this cute little wooden high chair she had painted red.

Anyway, we (my mom and I) were talking about something very important... really I don't know, I can't even slightly remember what we were talking about because I could mostly hear, "Mom. Mamma. Mom. etc."

My nerves were getting tense. It was wearing on me.

I swing my head around.

"What?!"



And then I immediately bust out into roaring laughter. Brother just wanted to show me that he fit in Grandma Judy's new high chair. The look on his face, when I whirled around, of shock that I had gotten upset and, at the same time, pride of his funny joke  was what really got me going. Maybe you had to be there, but my mom and I still laugh about it.

I mean look at him (although the picture is horrible because it is my phone) he doesn't even fit in it. He is so tall and lanky he just blends right into the chair! Tee hee!

0 remarks: