Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weany

I don't think weany is actually a word... spelled like that anyway, weenie, yes, but weany just made me giggle and so that is the title...

I am officially done nursing.

For the first time out of three kids I have stopped nursing before the one year mark. (By about a week.) So I will still claim one year of nursing.

It is rough. But, I am so done.

She cries a lot, unless I am holding her.

I hurt because I am so full.

But, we will both make it through.

So happy not to wear anymore:
nursing bras
nursing pads
skirts and top to church

I am excited to wear again:
dresses to church
shirts that tie in back
shirts that do not unbutton in front or don't stretch
a normal bra

I am also excited:
to have my body back
start losing weight (that's all bull about losing weight while you're nursing—at least, for me)
get my hormones back to normal
to not accidently expose myself in public while trying to "secretly" nurse

Aaahhhhhhhh.....

3 remarks:

Mariah said...

Yeah! I really like to nurse, but the day it ends I feel free, free, free! Cabbage in the bra. Seriously. Dries up the milk faster.

Rochelle said...

Wooo, Hooo welcome to the club - so nice to be done:)

Staci said...

I am so jealous. I only have 3 weeks of nursing under my belt. Only 11 more months to go! After reading your ups to not nursing anymore I don't know if I can make it that far. ;)