Our Life

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

ABC's and Stars

Marc has been wanting to get rid of our piano since there is no one here to play it since 13 left.  I refuse to give up the piano. I have a prayer in my heart that one of my sweet Xtra special children will one day play the piano, or at least take a lesson or two. So in desperation I asked Sister if she wants to play piano. She immediately said "yes" and ran to the piano lifted the cover and began to "play" the keys with a huge smile on her face.



A few days later, my mom and dad stopped by. I asked my mom to play the piano for us and of course Sister wanted to join in. My dad and Marc are working on a desk in the background so don't pay too much attention to them—besides this is too cute!

It's times like this that I forget that my kids have a genetic disorder that causes mental impairment...

I love those moments...

Watch one of them...


Sister is singing with Grandma Judy. Priceless moments.

4 remarks:

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

So cute! I always had a piano growing up and my house didn't feel like home until I had one. No one officially plays, it's just a prop right now, but I have dreams too, that one day someone is going to take it up!

Aaron said...

fer special:)

Ellie said...

I had to do some catching up on your blog...it's been a while for me.

The piano thing- you can NOT get rid of it. I love seeing pianos in homes. It makes a home right? And besides I think sister is on to something. =)

Rochelle said...

Ellie loved watching the song!! So cute:)