Monday, February 11, 2008

dates, duties and disasters



OK, so we are getting used to this blog thing and thought I would update you on what is happening.

Marc and I found out we need to have glasses today. So we will take pictures next week when we get them. (Gives you something to look forward to.)

DISASTER: It was quite a day at the eye doctor today with all my kids. Both my youngest kids have Fragile X Syndrome. (if you don't know what that is check the website at www.fragilex.org) Anyway, they are both quite a handful so it was a test not only for me but for everyone who worked there and the other pateients coming in. I must say they were very gracious--hopefully they didn't curse us and celebrate when we left though. Actually Apple Valley Vision is a great place and they were so good to work with my youngest one.

Other than that little adventure, today was pretty uneventful.

DUTIES: Yesterday was church. We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (if you don't know about that you can check the website at mormon.org) My nephew gave a great talk on Fasting and Prayer yesterday. I was very proud of him.

My calling in church is in the nursery. I LOVE it!! It is so much fun watching those little 2 to 3 year-olds play and learn about Jesus Christ and our new prophet, Thomas S. Monson.


DATES: The most eventful day was Saturday when my 16 year-old went on her first date to the High School Sweethearts dance. She looked absolutely gorgeous! She borrowed my sisters dress and I did her hair and make-up. The guy she took was just adorable--very gentlemanly. She doubled with my cousin and her best friend.

I am posting pictures of her dress and her beautiful hair-notice the reflection in the mirror. She's growing up so fast.

1 remarks:

Suzy said...

Oh my heck! She can't date! I mean it was just yesterday she was turning 12 and I fully expected that at 16 she would just wait and not date until I felt old enough =). Just kidding. How exciting she got to go to that dance, she looks great!