Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Come on People!

Turning 35 is no easy task...

OK, I really didn't have to do much, but my 35th year sure brought many experiences and growth.
-I grew up a LOT
-my whole life changed
-my faith was challenged and grew
-I learned more about myself and others around me
-I came to the realization of who really cares for me
-I also learned who truly cares for my family
-I have come to accept my limitations and embrace my abilities
-I have learned how much I value the people in my life

 AND... I have enjoyed laughing through it all so...

on the morning of my birthday when I woke for my morning potty break (smile) I was pleasantly welcomed this face in the mirror...

This really gave me a good laugh. My mom really went all out on my card this year. She actually chose this character for the front because me and my childhood friend, Susan, used to impersonate game show hosts... you had to be there but, we were hilarious!

My card got better when I saw what was inside:
And then, just when I thought the card couldn't get any better my mom read it to me with the accents she had in mind when she created the card. Ha! Just imagine it...

Then I got to go to a dance that night with Marc where I was able to see many friends from our old neighborhood and even took pictures. I asked Wayne to take our picture so we could commemorate the night of my 35th.
I had fun taking pictures and wish I could share everyone's but I will only share my sister's. She is my youngest sister so she can't protest what I put on my blog... tee hee.
She should feel special that her photo appeared on my birthday post...


Next day we went on a mini date because Marc and I didn't get to spend much time together on my birthday and he made me take these pictures of myself to remember the day by and he specifically requested my two smiles... he says I have two smiles that he loves and apparently these are them. (Anyway, enough of my cheesy pictures... I feel like I have just joined the ranks of cheesy Facebook profile pictures... mmm, maybe not...  I think I need to do the profile pucker for that, maybe I will try those sometime and post it for you. OK, enough of me teasing Facebook.)

The next day got even better with a birthday celebration with most of my family. It was good to be with family and have a great dinner and conversation.

But, my favorite part was singing and blowing out the candles on my cherry pie turnover.

Watch and listen closely for what my mom wishes for at the end...


...

After 3 hours of trying to load the video, I give up!

I will try again tomorrow... wait, it is tomorrow! Go to bed!

4 remarks:

Rochelle said...

Happy Birthday!! I can't believe that you are 35!! That is totally mid thirties!! Oh well I am not far behind!! :) Looks like tons of fun!!!

Karen Mortensen said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful day. Wish I was 35 again. Wait till you get to 40 and 50.

Kirsten said...

Wow Rach! I feel SO special:) I will go down in history forever! Wahoo! Ha ha. That was fun thanks for taking pics.

Mariah said...

Happy birthday Waaaayyyyy late! You are a beautiful (I really mean that) 35. And... we miss your laugh around here. Things are just too boring without you two around!