Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Beginning of a Tradition

Marc and our two brothers-in-law thought it would be a great idea to take their daughters on a little backpack trip.

I have to admit I was a tad worried about how it would go.

I'm going to let the pictures show you how it went.



Baby really wanted to go too, but we thought 2 was more than Daddy could handle



Starting out their hike. From here on out I am not sure that these photos are in order,
but I still think you will enjoy looking at them.



Even 4-year-old Millie went backpacking! She did great!

This was the girls getting excited about building a fort!



Their tent site



There's a fresh spring up by where they camped and the girls thought that was pretty neat too.






"I can't see..." I think is what she might be saying... Ha ha!


One of my favorite shots Marc got of Sister.


I can't believe she even ate the backpack food!










Good morning!

The look on Sister's face is priceless.
I think she was too tired to even change out of her pajamas because she wore those on the hike home.







The wind had been blowing really bad that night they were there and the came to some fallen trees in the road on the way home. That was a bit of excitement when Uncle Joel was able to pull one of them out of the way with his truck.



I am so thankful that Marc is willing to do great things like this with our kids. It isn't easy, but he still does it and loves it.

This was the second backpack trip Sister had been on. She's becoming quite the mountaineer!

These great dads have now started a tradition of Daddy-Daughter backpacking once a year.


Days 245-246 of 365 Days of Up

1 remarks:

Jenae said...

I love that picture that you captioned "One of my favorite shots Marc got of Sister." I feel like it should be on a poster "Fragile X has no bounds" or something more inspiring than what I can come up with.

I think it's so fantastic how much you and Marc do for your kids so they can experience as much of a traditional childhood as possible. It's not easy and it takes only a thousand times more preparation, flexibility, and patience than with a typical developing peer, but you guys do it. It's awesome. You two are wonderful parents.