Saturday, September 26, 2015

Happy Chalk

I haven't taken the time to draw on my sidewalk for a few months now.

I am going to blame it on the depression I couldn't seem to kick to the curb.

It's weird, with depression, it's almost as if you punish yourself because of how you are feeling by not doing things that bring you joy. It's a stupid cycle, but it happens.

Anyway, I finally went out and did it on a Sunday after church.



It made me so happy to draw and bring color to the gray of our street by creating an original art piece just for the fun of seeing the colors emerge. It added to my happiness when many neighbors walked by saying how happy they were to see me out chalking again. It's amazing how things that bring me so much happiness can also bring it to others just because I am sharing it.

I also LOVE the fact that because my kids have been watching me do this for 3 years now they love to join in too. I'm not good at sharing so they have to have their own spot, but I love seeing what they create.

This little guy was Sister's creation and she was so proud of herself. I love that girl and the challenges she takes on!




In case you are wondering, it is a ninja alien... she's been watching a lot of Power Rangers on Netflix lately. As she drew this picture she was making karate chop noises and alien beeps. It was quite entertaining, but also enlightening when I saw the finished product.


Day 254 of 365 Days of Up

0 remarks: