Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My mom's annual Halloween Party

My mom's annual Halloween Party is something I look forward to all year!

There is a fire, hot dog roast, potluck, family, costumes, prizes, outdoor movies, hay rides, black smithing, candy hunt in the corn and a LOT of laughs and good memories!
Marc is the one on the left... just in case you thought he was the one with the white wig... didn't want any confusion there.

My mom is always the life of the party and I was excited to dress up as my Grandma Ruby (50's version) this year.
Do you see Sister to the right? She is actually dressed up. See her white gloves? Those are Power Ranger gloves.
She was so happy to "dress up." Oh the sweet little thing she is. In fact it reminds me of a little post I saw today on my Facebook page about Halloween trick or treating... let me copy it and put it here.
I don't know who wrote it originally but, my friend Barbara got it from her friend Lori:

"Over the next few days, a lot of creatures will visit your door. Be open minded. The child who is grabbing more than one piece of candy may have poor fine motor skills. The child who takes forever to pick out one piece of candy might have motor planning issues. The child who does not say 'trick or treat' or 'thank you' might be painfully shy, non verbal or selectively mute. If you cannot understand their words, they may struggle with development apraxia of speech. They are thankful in their hearts and minds. The child who isn't wearing a costume may have SPD or autism. Be kind, be patient, smile, pretend you understand. It's everyone's Halloween. Make a parent feel good by making a big deal of their special child"


 Loved that little saying because it summed up my kids.


This mask just makes me laugh. Marc loves to be in disguise... uh oh, I might be in trouble for ruining his disguise for tomorrow... sorry, sweety (smirk)

I got a kick out of my cousins Jelly Fish costume!! What a cute idea!
I knew Brother would love it so I had to get a picture.

Tee hee! A Bee!

The trash bag and the trash man!


This wasn't even the entire crowd. They counted almost 150 by the end of the night!

My mom.
Always good for a laugh!
My mom saw this picture and was amazed because it reminded her of a picture she remembered of her mom. I wonder if it was this one (below)... kids gathered around, husband with a big grin... maybe.

It was fun honoring my amazing grandmother for a day. I hope I did it justice.
Mom and Dad thank so much for putting on this big party every year! We all truly look forward to it!

0 remarks: