Saturday, June 9, 2012

65 years

My Grandma and Grandpa have been married for 65 years!

Not only was I happy because it was just a big party but for the first time in years my grandma knew my name. I gave her a hug and then started to introduce myself as I usually do and she said, "Hi, Rachael." I was so shocked that 1) she spoke and 2) she remembered my name. She looked up at me and said, "You're Rachael right?" I know it sounds so silly for met to be excited about my own grandma knowing my name, but you need to know first that she has over 130 great and grand children... that's a lot of names to remember and she has been VERY sick for years and she just hasn't been all there.

My aunt Kathy, who put it all together also had the town books there that my grandma kept. She kept memory books for the whole town. How amazing is that? What an amazing woman she is. The whole town, I am sure, loves and remembers her for all that she did for their town all those years. In fact, my aunt told me that she was always at every city occasion taking pictures of everyones families to document for the town books. She would show up with her camera all taped up from so much use. The city council saw what shape her camera was in and presented a new one to her at one of the big occasions. She was so surprised and thankful that they would do something like that for her.

I took the liberty of taking a couple pictures of her scrapbooks she kept that had her in them.

I love my grandparents.

I am so thankful for the legacy they left for me.




0 remarks: