Sunday, September 25, 2011

Forget-Me-Nots and Golden Tickets

I am so excited to write just a bit about the inspiring evening I experienced on Saturday night.

Not only did I get to enjoy a great dinner with friends but I got to hear uplifting words of hope and love.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk was my favorite.

Very much my favorite.

I know this will sound silly but, I have always LOVED forget-me-nots, the flower. Not because of their beauty or anything, and I have never had them in my flower beds, I just LOVE the name. What a sweet name.

Forget me not.

No one wants to be forgotten.

So as soon as President Uchtdorf referenced these sweet little flowers, I perked right up and was anxious to hear what he had to say. His comparison of forget-me-nots and their five petals was unforgettable and I have a feeling that many, many more people will forever love forget-me-nots. He reminds us to continue to treasure the small beauty of everyday moments, to understand that although some of the small pieces of the gospel may become overlooked that they are the things we should take the time to focus on.

He gave five beautiful and inspirational "forget-me-nots" to help us continue to move forward in life with a better outlook

Another thing that really stuck out to me was his reference to the children's book, Charlie and the Chocolate factory. He talked about the golden ticket and how many of us search our whole lives for the golden ticket and don't take the time to enjoy the candy bar.

I thought about that. I am constantly trying so hard to help my kids become as much as they can be, that sometimes, I forget to enjoy the moment I am in with them. To savor the words they say, the smiles and giggles, the funny reactions to things, their love for me and their father, and their love for so many others. I guess you could say that I have been spending their lives waiting for my golden ticket of having the same experiences that any other mom has with children who don't have Fragile X. But, last night I was reminded, as I have been so many times, that I am blessed to have these unique and rejoicing experiences that other mothers of children without Fragile X wish they could have.

So here is to being small and insignificant, yet beautiful and inspiring.

May we all, as women, remember and know our divine purpose in this life.

Take the time to watch this talk by President Uchtdorf. It is 20 minutes long so you will need the time, but you will walk away feeling better about yourself as a mother, wife, aunt, sister, daughter, neice, or grandmother.

P.S. I am so excited because we are getting new family pictures done this week!!! Yay, I will be able to post some new ones!
And if you are looking for more inspirational words, just wait for this weekend!

0 remarks: