Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tough Guys and Fragile X's

We attended the county fair just to go see the Ranch Rodeo.

Boy, I'll tell you what! Those guys are TOUGH! It was the kind of stuff they do on the ranch done rodeo-style. The arena had been rained on so it was muddy and if you were too close you got sprayed with mud (My mom found that out the hard way)! I had a LOT more fun than I thought I would! With enough food and treats, the kids loved it too.

Before the rodeo we had to check out this miniature train. Brother and Sister LOVE trains!

Seriously, how did I get such a good looking cowboy for a husband?! Mmm Hm!

Baby was so cute. She wanted Marc's water so bad... she just couldn't get enough, as soon as she was done drinking this is the face she made after to try to get more...


My dad was at the rodeo with us the whole time helping with the kids. Thank goodness, because he was a BIG help. Sister stayed busy using his hea to tell the future... aw, Dad we just love you!
Me, eating my italian ice with custard (yummmmm). My aunts were there with my mom and my aunt Rosanne is famous for taking pictures everywhere she goes...


Some of the Action.

The next day we had our family activity with the Fragile X Association! We went to the local aquarium. It was so cool! Penguins, octopus, jelly fish, stingrays, all kinds of awesome things. We were there for 2 hours just checking everything out! Our kids LOVED it! Here are a few pics of the activity.

Brother was so happy to have found "Nemo" in this display!

Here is Sister climbing on the Octopus display... yes, it's an octupus, see the eyes... yes, there it is. And, yes, all the displays said "do not climb" but, that didn't stop her! (smile)

Brother sat and watched these penguins for at least an hour. He was so intrigued by them.

One thing I learned is how big these emperor penguins are, I had no idea, they had life size pictures of different penguins and here is Sister looking so "happy" to pose for mom and dad!
Brother too.
And of course we had to take the opportunity to get a picture on a frog...
They had a boat for part of the display that Brother and Sister had fun pretending on.


Of course I have to end with Brother's pictures. He asked me if he could take pictures of the penguins with my camera. I was hesitant but as you will see in these pictures his eyes just melted my heart and I let him have free range. Apparently he loves to take his own picture--because there were non of the penguins. Too funny! (Notice even when taking his own picture he won't look at the camera...)

3 remarks:

Karen Mortensen said...

What fun times. Glad it all went well.

Anonymous said...

I just read a bunch of your posts. I have not been good about keeping up on thing this summer, but once the kids are back in school, that will probably change. it is good to catch up on how things are going in your life. Take care!
Love,
Mary

Joel and Jessie said...

Love all of the pictures! I especially liked the one of dad and avery looking at his bald head