Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cabin Fever and a Cook-off

Our friends invited us to their family cabin for the weekend!

Yahoo! We were so excited we talked them into letting us come for two nights!!!

We went from a Thursday night to Saturday afternoon so that I could get home in time to help out with the ward Dutch Oven Cook-off.

I will tell you about how fun it all was with the pictures...

Here is Sister wearing my sunglasses on the drive down. She was so darned excited she couldn't stop kicking Marc's seat.

Here she is still excited when she gets to see the cabin and run around all over the place!

Here is the fireplace that Brother L.O.V.E.D. to have fires in. He called the big ones, bon fires...

You can't tell from this picture but, Brother is waiting for the parachute man to come down from the loft that the girls are dropping down. This gave quite a bit of entertainment for the kids, but it also caused a few quarrels...

Here is what the kids looked like after they would drop "parachute man" from the loft.

These 3 were quite the buddies, they went everywhere together.

This is us on our little hike to go find sheep... no, not cool sheep... sheep... from the farm sheep. Ya, the kids thought it was great when we finally found them!
It was quite a challenge finding them, so we all actually got excited when Brother spotted them coming down through the trees...

Baby hanging out in her Kelty backpack that we used to pack Brother around in on our adventures... that's been a good pack! Someone gave it to us when it was already 10 years old so, it has got to be at least 20 years old and still packin'

Baby was exhausted from being packed around (smile)

cabin

The men being "men" and "chopping" firewood (smile again)

While the men got firewood, the kids made "salad" for their restaurant

Gee... I wonder why Marc took this picture...

I kept telling him to not take my pictutres unless I was sucking in... that little sweetheart said,"Honey, suck in."

So I did.
Tee hee!

We went to a nearby lake before we headed home and it was beautiful...
But VERY muddy...

Oh Brother!

I told Marc to suck in...  just kidding. We were just playing camera tag!

Then we were off back home so thar I could make my three dutch ovens. I made 2 desserts and 1 main dish. Here are the ovens lined up on the tables.
I won 2nd in desserts for my blueberry-peach cobbler!! I won a cool apron that my friend drew a cute character of me on there. I need to get a picture of it...

We also had a bunch of old fashioned games--3-legged race, potato sack race, stick pull...
Sister is sitting on the groud in her sack watching the passersby.That is Peanut in front leaping through the air!

Marc gave it a good try...

0 remarks: