Monday, June 30, 2008

Camping, Hiking, and Fun


Boy, we had so much fun on our campout last week. We went 3 days and 2 nights at the Skyline--we love that place! It was even more fun because my brother and sister-in-law came too. Boy, can my brother cook over a camp fire--woo! So here are the pictures of our hike, foOd, swings, fun and just camping! Enjoy!

Here is Halley and 2 in the hammock.
Here is our campsite.
Daniel was always making sure the fire was going
and chopping wood

and cooking food
Tynelle and Halley are ready to go on the hike
2 couldn't wait


On our way on the "little" hike that Marc led us on
2 and 8 were so excited that they didn't want to wait for anyone
12 and 16 ....
We come to the streams and everyone explores





Thanks to Tynelle, we all know that I was actually on this campout!



8 taking a breakReflections in the pond

Back at camp, relaxing


and swinging

and carving
Marc took this great sunset picture on our last night. I think it just sums up how beautiful this place is and why we go there so often. It is our favorite spot.

9 remarks:

Ethington Family said...

How fun!! that is beautiful. Good thing there was a picture of you though, I was beginnning to wonder if you were there. Of course, that is the privillage we have as being the picture taker. We don't have to be in all the shots.
We are doing our family camp out the end of this month and hopefully one more time in August.
Take care,
mary

Suzy said...

I love the sunset picture and of 2 on the swing. I also love all the kid lined up on the tree. Super fun1

The Chizel Family said...

that was so much fun, thanks for inviting us, we are already looking forward to the next trip.

Anonymous said...

this is chelsea....ya know, your future sister-in-law! WOW! that is a great pic! I love it! and thats coming from me! haha .....the photographer! amamzing! I cant wait for the next trip either! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a camper but I have to say that those pictures make me want to go spend some time in the great outdoors. Wow, so beautiful! I'm jealous - in a good way :)

brookiebaby said...

Oh, I love camping! Seeing all of your fun pics makes me realize that we need to fit a trip in this summer, because next summer probably won't work with a newborn. You give you kids so many fun experiences! What an awesome family!

brookiebaby said...

Sorry, two-part comment...I cant' believe how much Daniel and Jordan look alike. Seeing Daniel's pictures, I forgot how many similar features they have in their faces. Of course no one would mistake them for twins, but I think Jordan looks like he could be more your brother than mine! :)

Ethington Family said...

Racheal, sorry to do this to ya, but i tagged you again. I got tagged and had to pass it on. Hope you have fun doing it though. It was a fun one.

Rochelle said...

Wow, How fun, It makes me want to go camping!!! Good Luck at your Fragile X Conference!!! Great Pictures By the way.