Saturday, June 21, 2014

Lasting in Time

Our second day in Innsbruck was amazing!

After trying to get to the top of one mountain and several epic fails at getting a tram to the top Thomas came up with the idea of going up to Stubai Glacier.

There was a tram that went up there too.

This was one of those days and experiences that will for ever last in time for me.

Apparently up at Stubai, there was still enough snow to ski.

So there is a lot of snow.

There are people all decked out for winter sport.

I...

I am in my flats, crops and a light jacket.

I got a lot of strange looks.

I'm going let the photos do most of the talking here:


Thomas was confused why I wanted a shot with this big guy...
















We were all pretty excited to finally have some lunch!!

I'm quite impressed with my knodel soup and fries.

mmmmm... sausage






Can you believe how high up we were?! This is about a fourth of the way down the tram!

This is about half way.




 These two shots go to show you how much the angle of a shot can change your face...


After our glacier adventure we went back to our hotel in Igls to change and get ready for an evening at Thomas' friends house in Innsbruck.

This was something we were really looking forward to. Leo (Thomas' friend) was going to be barbecuing for us at his place! We were having the lasting moments being with people who live there and not just going on a guided tour.


This is the view from the balcony that Leo was BBQ-ing on.



And let me tell you! Leo can cook! He can BBQ! Did you know you can BBQ cheese? Ya! So awesome! It's a certain kind of cheese, but mmm mmm it is delish!

Marc's awesome selfie from the awesome window at Leo's

Leo can also entertain! Leo's friend Judith came to join us too! The 5 of us had such a great time talking and laughing and being goofy! I truly felt like we left Leo's home with 2 new friends!

We gave Leo and Judith quite a shock when we announced something about ourselves. No, it wasn't us being Mormon that shocked them, it was the fact that we have been married for 18 years and have 3 kids. They said we just looked so young.

Best. Compliment. Ever.

I love being young.

I love feeling young.

But to hear that I still look young is a great one to hear sometimes.

We did, however, end up clarifying some things about being members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons). It was really neat for me to feel like I could enlighten someone who wasn't a member of the LDS church. It strengthened my own testimony and reminded me of why I love being a member of this church.

After many hardy laughs, great jokes, hilarious stories and quirky comments we had to pause to take a photo to remember the night.


Our "selfie" didn't turn out too well so Leo sent me the one from his camera—that I helped him learn how to use. I hope you remember that Leo. (wink)


Then we had dessert! Mmmmmm! Chocolate, berries and ice-cream!


We didn't leave Leo's place until 11:30 that night.

 I hope that one day we will be able to cook great food for Judith and Leo if they can every come out to Utah to visit! (hint, hint)

So back to the present, I have been having fun making YouTube videos of Our Life. It's nothing huge but I do hope it brings awareness of Fragile X Syndrome and hopefully cheer people up and make them laugh.

Without further adieu, here is Episode 3

0 remarks: