Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Makes me Giddy

I just have to share a music video with you because, well, I love puppets.

I know.

Creepy.

But, I have always enjoyed puppets. Tee hee!

I was so excited when the new Muppets movie came out this year. (I still haven't seen it, but I am sure I will eventually.) One of my most favorite and "have to watch" movies every Christmas is the Muppets Christmas Carol.

When I was a kid I would make puppets and I would put on shows. I have to say that I made some pretty cool puppets. I even remember one time, at a family reunion my mom encouraged me to do a little act with one of my puppets I had made. I wish I had pictures. I will try to find one and post it some day. But, this puppet I made was an older-looking guy that looked like a redneck.

....      ...     ..    .

Wait...

I just found a couple of pictures! Ha ha! I can't believe I am going to post these but, you have to enjoy the laughter along with me. If I can't laugh at myself then it is not fair for me to laugh at others... tee hee!

Here they are:
This was at my mom's annual Halloween Party, hence the blond wig, I mean, not really "hence" because Halloween doesn't say, "blond wig" that is just why I am wearing one... man, I am getting goofy here. But anyway, enjoy the memories if you remember me as a puppeteer and feel free to laugh loudly.

I was quite proud of my craftmanship with this one. He was about 4 feet tall and it took a lot of foam and cloth to make him.

So, yes, if you aren't family this may have been one of those disturbing secrets you just learned about me... oh well, hopefully you love me even more knowing that I can put on a mean puppet show!

Why am I telling you all this?

I just saw this music video from Mindy Gledhill's Christmas album and it just brought back memories and made me smile really big this morning.

0 remarks: