Monday, December 19, 2011

I Believe in Santa

Marc saw Santa a church one day and asked if he could get a picture with him.

Me, Sister and Baby just had to sneak a picture with Santa because we couldn't let Marc be the only one to get in on the act. Besides, I matched and thought it would make for a good picture...

It's times like this that I wish I had my camera instead of an iPod.
You know it is interesting when you get into the whole "meaning" of Christmas. Some say it is about the gifts. Some say it is about family. Some say it is about the feeling.

I think it is all those things.

In Spanish "mas" is more.

So if you break down the word Christmas it is, basically, "Christ more" or "more Christ."

Christ gave many gifts, taught the importance of love and family, and lead many through the feeling they felt around him.

Some say that Santa detracts from a Christ-centered Christmas but, I see him as a figure who encourages Christlike attributes of giving, loving, knowing everyone by name, encouraging us to be good, working hard for the benefit of others, giving his time to help the children and asking them to gather 'round him.
 
If Santa can represent all those things then...
Yes!

I believe in Santa!

1 remarks:

Karen Mortensen said...

I agree with all you said.