Friday, October 28, 2011

Cuddle Kids




You know an interesting thing about children with Fragile X is that some of them seem so over affectionate, hugging and kissing all the time, squeezing you until your eyes pop off... it's so so sweet.

It is even more interesting to know that a lot of the reason they do this isn't just because they like or love you, it's because they need sensory input.

Let me explain the pictures above:
Baby is tired and needs some sensory input so she started "attacking" me while I was on the computer one day.

Sister was having a really rough morning today and needed me to rock and squeeze her to help her body get centered and regulated before she could function for the day.

Brother has learned to self regulate but he loves to give love and doesn't always have a sense of when he is squeezing someone too tight.

During family pictures all three of them were so overwhelmed by the attention, the cameras, the expectation of eye contact, they ended up like this alot.

This is my favorite picture from our recent family shoot when all three of the kids needed sensory input and decided I was a good outlet.
Pointe Digital

2 remarks:

Karen Mortensen said...

Thanks for the information. That explains a lot. I thought Daniel liked me. Oh well. LOL

Annie Valerio said...

such a fun little family!