Sunday, July 13, 2008

Don't change his mind


OK, I have to post about my son's friend K who is also 8 years old.

I have been having yard sales to earn money to go toward my trip for the Fragile X Conference. Yesterday was my last one. My friend sent her kids over to buy some things with their dollar bills. Her daughter K asked why I was having a yard sale and she explained to K that I was going to a Conference to learn more about 2 and 8's minds to be able to help them better.

And K replied,
"What's wrong with 8's mind? I like it the way it is."

Oh, how sweet--I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people. Kids are so sweet!!!

3 remarks:

brookiebaby said...

Very sweet! Kids say such sweet innocent things! I'm so glad that you will be able to go back there and have the opportunity to learn more about your sweet kids! Please share what you learned! I'm very eager to hear what you learned, and I know my mom is too! :)

Ethington Family said...

Rach-
check this out and add your name
http://www.sfhs1995.blogspot.com

Ellie said...

i wish we could all have simple minds again. I love the minds of kids....so sweet!