Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Easter Party??



























































OK, I know Easter was, what three weeks ago!!! But, yes we did, indeed, have our annual B-family Easter Party. I mean, what the heck, right? The Easter candy is certainly on clearance by now--although those darn orange foam peanuts better not be on anyone's candy list!

Well, first of all hats off to my uncle for having it as his place! What a blast! We socialized, ate, rode horses, jumped in the big inflatable jump-house-thing-a-ma-jig, jumped on the trampoline, played basketball, played horse shoes, roasted hot dogs and made smores, hunted for candy filled bags and sang around the campfire. It was an all day affair!

Frankly, I don't know what I was thinking... OK, actually, I do. I wanted the kids to be able to have fun. Marc wasn't able to be there so I took the kids on my own with my mom's help. So I spent most of my time running after 2, who has a never-ending supply of tip-top energy. I mean, she can go, and with me still working on the walking thing after surgery, her running and me limp-running was not a good match. I really actually wish someone would have video taped me "running" after her as often as I did--I'm sure it was quite the sight. So, thank goodness my mom was there to help--that is why you see her mostly with 2 each time! But, 8 I was really proud of. Fragile X brings on many social anxieties and feelings of inadequacy--which really, I think goes along with any disabled child. Anyway, he really got in there and mingled with his cousins. (Side note: My mom's side of the family is so big that I have well over 100 cousins so they range in age from 5 to 35--so really they are my cousins but since they are so close to his age I say they are his cousins.) It was good to see 8 be part of the crowd.

Here are some pictures of all the fun! I am going to give you generals of what you will see in the pictures: Grandma Judy and 2 (litte buddies that day), 8 with his cousins after the easter candy sack hunt, fun in the inflatable bounce house, 12 leading 8 on one of the horses there to ride, family around the campfire singing, mom and my uncle singing and playing guitar around the campfire, my brother and his soon to be fiancé, my uncle trying to get into the pictures I was taking, my uncle and his daughter who has spina bifita.

0 remarks: