Saturday, May 18, 2013

Hairy Post

Really, nothing exciting. I just wanted to document one of the few times Baby let me do her hair a little fancier than the usual. She was happy coloring so I took advantage of the situation and did and angel braid on her hair. I had to take a picture because it was such a great event (smile).




When I was little my Grandma Vivian taught me how to crochet. I remembered I love it, but pretty much all I could do was crochet a long line. But I loved it and I made myself a lot of hair bows and necklaces and bracelets and whatever else you could turn a long looped strand of yarn into.

A few weeks back we had an activity in Relief Society and we learned how to crochet some bracelets. I sat there with the other ladies learning all over again, but I couldn't help but think of my Grandma Vivian and what she had taught me.

Now I'm not really sure if the reason why I enjoyed that night so much was because I felt like I was connecting with my Grandma Vivian on the other side by thinking of her while I expounded on what I had learned from her OR if it was just plain fun! Probably a bit of both for me.

Anyway, I sort of feel like I did when I was a kid in the fact that I have learned one thing but I will make due with what I know until I get comfortable enough to move onto something else. So, I took the pattern I learned for the bracelet and made a headband.

See?


0 remarks: