Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Story time!

Now you all now that nothing is completely conventional at our house. I sat down to read 3 a bedtime story, but my mom didn't want to be left out...

Kirsten was reading to my mom!

I love Christmas books and I am always on the look for a good one for a good price. I usually get them at Seagull Book on clearance.

My favorites that we own (and they are in order, kind of):

The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey (with the CD narrated by James Earl Jones) by Susan Wojciechowski

Kissing Kringle by Sam Beesom (the illustrations are adorable and 3 and 9 LOVE this book)

Rocking Horse Christmas by Mary Pope Osborn (this one made me cry the first time I read it, reminded me of childhood, and the illustrations are beautiful)

How the Grinch stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss

Winter's Gift by Jane Monroe Donovan

Santa's New Job by Michael J. McLelland

The Christmas Candle by Richard Paul Evans (this one is amazing, the illustrations are realistic)

Giving Chest by Dan Farr (CD narrated by Dick VanDyke)

(The Story of the Christmas Truce) Silent Night Holy Night as Narrated by Walter Cronkite (CD narrated by Walter Cronkite adn Silent Night performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir)

I got my love of books from my dad. I also have some fun pop-up books for Christmas.

3 remarks:

Annie Valerio said...

your family is so fun..I love it.

Ellie said...

love your family! my mom chatted with your mom and I heard she is doing ok from her accident recently. glad you weren't involved. my mom wants you guys to come out next year and sing for her cmas party...i think we should plan now so it happens, whadda think?!

my new favorite Cmas book,you have to read it, "God Bles Your Way." Oh it's such a good story. lOVE IT!

Lisa said...

thanks for the recommendations. That first one looks really good.