Saturday, January 24, 2009

I finished it!


No, not a marathon (like so many of my friends have admirably done). My new favorite book, On Sparrow Hill by Maureen Lang! Ah, it was so good! It was such refresher to read a romance that was "G" rated! And so intense in it's mystery and suspense... I loved it. Can't wait for you all to read it and let me know what you think!







You also have to read The Oak Leaves, the prequel to this book. They are both worth the read.











A quote that really hit me was actually in the Author's (Maureen Lang) Note. The author has a son with Fragile X Syndrome and in this quote she is referring to being his mother:

"In Christ, God embodies the heart of a servant, from washing His disciples feet to shedding His own innocent blood for others who are guilty. Perhaps it should be easy to learn from such an excellent example, but for me it came through serving my handicapped son.

I don't pretend to get it right everyday. But I do thank God for teaching me there is dignity in serving, and healing in doing so. When you serve others, as Isaiah put it so eloquently, "your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear."


Beautifully said.

My sisters will be borrowing this book but, if any of you want to borrow The Oak Leaves while you are waiting for them to finish On Sparrow Hill, let me know.

6 remarks:

The Chizel Family said...

I want to borrow it, will you bring it tomorrow?

Kari said...

Girl, it's good, isn't it? WOW!

Ethington Family said...

I will totally read those books. There are a few I think you would like. I only like the clean ones and I'm all over romantic ones. I'll have to look up the names and let you know

Lisa said...

which one should I read first? Does it matter? Thanks for the recommendation... always looking for good books. right now I am reading one called The Winthrop Woman by Anya Seton. Probably wouldn't appeal to everyone, but it's cool because it's about one of my ancestors!

Kari said...

Two foot of snow????? Are you on facebook?? I think I asked you this before.

Ellie said...

another teenager, really how do you do it?! Happy Belated Bday! I will put that I my list of books. I love to read! I am reading "the last lecture" right now. Have you read that one? I wish I could be a little more creative with the hair thing but really i just can't do it. Ash and I made some cute hair ties and they are so easy. Pics to come on the blog so you can make some.