Monday, November 26, 2018

A Turnover Tumor

Brother turned 19 on the same day my brother, Daniel, turned 37 so, of course, we had a double birthday party at our house!

Daniel and his family came from Florida for Thanksgiving so we tried to pack in as much as possible.

Anyway, back to the birthday party...

My mom made cherry and apple Turnovers (they're little fold-over pies) because Daniel and Brother both like those more than cake.

The turnovers were, of course a hit and there were many side conversations about them, but I wasn't prepared for Sister's immediate drilling questions after talking to my brother, Aaron, about a turnover he had saved out for later.

A: Mom. Wbat's a tumor?

Me: Looking slightly confused after hearing this seemingly random question.  "It's a mass that..." (I explained it as simply and quickly as possible)

A: Where can you get a tumor?

Me: "Anywhere, really."

A: "Does it make you die?

Me: "Well, sometimes that can happen..."

Sister persisted with this curiosity about tumors until she asked, "No, where is it? Why is it on top of the fridge?"

....................................................................................................................................

Then I reflected back to the conversation with my brother and how he was explaining to me that he had put the turnover for Chelsea on top of the fridge.

...

Ah ha! She wasn't asking about a TUMOR, she was asking about the TURNOVER!

Ha! ha! ha!

Always practicing her smile!

0 remarks: