Sunday, January 21, 2018

Pulling Her Leg

I pulled her first by her feet and then she grabbed the handle above the van door and it caught my body off guard and I jerked forward and launched my stomach into her feet, but I wasn't going to give up.

Sounds like I'm trying to escape something horrible doesn't it?

Well, it was actually just me attempting to get Sister to go to a youth activity at the Bishop's house tonight.

Brighton ran right in and even waltzed on in without knocking knowing the routine of it all and showing off that this was all "old hat" to him. His 8-year-old sister was galloping behind him in excitement.

The activity was meant for kids ages 12-18, so Baby has about 4 years before this will be her activity, but she sees her brother and sister going often for youth activities so she just assumes it is for her too.

I tried to get Baby to stay back in the car with dad while I got the older two to the activity, but it was slightly humorous that our youngest was waltzing in like she owned the place and I was physically having to drag/carry/lunge Sister to the house.

It was quite a bit of effort just to get her in the door and then I didn't have much fight left in me so I plopped on the floor next to the entry way and held Sister in my arms tightly so she couldn't run away.

I'm sure it was quite a sight, yet another slightly humorous thing was to watch most of the kids come in, see me wrestling Sister and they would just nonchalantly say "hi" and ask if she was going downstairs for the program and didn't even bat an eye at the fact that her mother was restraining her on the floor of their Bishop's house while screaming "No!" at them when they asked.

I guess after a few sincere greetings I guess Sister decided it would be OK to go down when our neighbor girls (dear friends) greeted her and reach out their hands to pull her up from the floor and she was good to go.

Baby was all settled in and did not want to leave the youth so the Bishop suggested she could just stay. Marc and I sat and talked to his wife and daughter upstairs while all the kids were downstairs talking with the Bishop on spiritual matters.

It turned out to be a great outing. The kids were happy to be with friends and Baby was ecstatic to be with the big kids and Marc and I enjoyed our conversation with friends. Sister acted as if there was never a struggle or aversion to going to the activity, especially when she realized some deliciously gooey brownies were involved.

Earlier today while visiting Marc's parents we played 4 rounds of dominoes and Marc even played with us. Marc is not a HUGE game fan so it's always fun to get him involved.

It was a good day overall.

I just have to not think about driving this morning to meet my mom for a performance at a missionary farewell only to find out that we were told the wrong time so all the stuff I went through to get myself and the family ready this morning in order to get to the performance on time and had caused high stress on my part and not exactly a lot of quiet patience was now all in vain. And I'm going to ignore that my ankle hurts a bit after contorting at the right angles to get Sister from the van tonight.

Well... OK, I'm not going to ignore it, I'm just going to laugh about it.

I'm guess I'm just accepting the fact that Heavenly Father knows how much I enjoy a great adventure!

A happy girl showing off her double stroller that Grandma Judy found.

0 remarks: