Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Just Goals. Not Resolutions.

I've set so many goals for myself this year.

I don't know why I do that to myself.

I guess I thought goals sounded better than resolutions so I got over excited, I guess.

Baby instigated and directed this photo! She's so funny!


Two days into the new year and I'm not excited anymore.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am excited... just not about the fact that I have so many goals... that is daunting, not exciting.

But, I'm keeping them all just so I can at least, accomplish something.

I've come to accept and be OK with my mediocrity. It's OK, really, I've learned that if I can accept the mediocre that I just get that much more excited when it is even better.

Anyway, one of my goals is to write in this blog 3 or more times per week.

A few years ago I had a goal to write every single day no matter how short, what my "up" of the day was. That was very therapeutic for me and I am realizing how much I miss writing my deep thoughts and posting them into oblivious internet space... whatever works!

Anyway, I'm not going to have a theme this time. Just going to keep my thoughts and experiences here so I can remember it all and enjoy reading back on the memories.

I even started subscribing to Chatbooks to get my pictures in a book every month. I'm in archival mode apparently.

I guess I also just need a creative writing space... whether it is creative or just journaling, I'll enjoy it.

So here's a synopsis of the last 6 months:

Our oldest son started a vocational school for adults ages 18-22 and he loves it. His first job was with a horse stable that does equine therapy for kids with special needs. His line when I comment on how proud I am of him is, "I just shovel poop, Mom!" He's so funny! He was quite embarrassed for the first few weeks of work, but we just kept telling him that any work is commendable. He seems to have gotten used to the idea for the most part. He just loves being around horses.

Our middle one started 8th grade this year and she seems to be enjoying it thoroughly. She is so huge in to reading and gets books all the time. She loves to search for books she likes at Savers, our local thrift store. The books she is most into now is Alex Rider and Percy Jackson books.

Baby is talking up a storm and is completely full of so much sass that sometimes all I can do is laugh. She's absolutely hilarious and we learn new things about her almost daily. Like, who knew what a good rapper she was... I really need to get it recorded.

I've started working more at SCERA as a scenic painter and it has been so much fun for me and having coworkers again is a lot of fun.

Marc had an adventure starting July 30th that led him to needing knee surgery to repair his knee.  You can see how that all started by watching this video:



So that's the catch-up. Wish me luck!

This is my most recent set piece I painted for SCERA--an 80's styled run down garage facade.


0 remarks: