Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pee Day!!

Yes, I am a mom.

Yes, I have changed the poopiest, most disgustingly full diapers, cleaned puke off my face and off of floors and walls. I have given up many outfits of mine and my children's due to escaped poop, far-reaching spit up, flying baby food and jars and I have found many a cheerio or cookie crumb down my bra. I have stepped on legos, matchbox cars, and barbie dolls in the middle of the night and the middle of the day. I have stayed up many times through the night to soothe a sick child or help them calm down after a nightmare.

So I...

I...

Have every right to call this public post "Pee Day!"

All of us mothers know this day!

The first time our child pees on the potty purposefully and deliberately!

Not just the mom who is trained on timing of the "go" but the actual wake up and "go" child!

Today was the day!

My Pee Day!

Her Pee Day!

Yes, people!

Baby peed on the potty...

OK, wait, wait... that isn't quite right...

Baby sat ON the potty and peed IN it!

OK, that's better.

(At my house you never know... so I do have to clarify.)

I woke up Baby for school this morning and her diaper was fairly dry, as it has been for the last few months in the mornings, so I asked her if she wanted to go on the potty. This is usually the moment she begins to cry and fall into tears so I calmly put on a new diaper and wait for her to fill it up while she drinks breakfast and I then have to change it again before her long bus ride... ho... hum...

But, not today!

Today I asked and she just looked at me and started to sit up. I led her to the bathroom and sat her on the potty and we sang a few songs and said funny things and then... she got on her concentration face and started to go pee! I cheered and got so excited. She grinned her tooth-gapped grin and we squealed in excitement.

I asked her if she needed to go any more and she stopped squealing and said "more" and then put on the concentration face again and finished the job!

Oh there was much joy and celebration in our house this lovely morning!

A ray of hope that maybe, just maybe we can start down the potty training road!

I'm telling you, it's the little things in life that make me smile.

This post may have the record for the most exclamation points...

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, wow, I really am a mom... I just posted to all the world that she went potty... but at least I didn't post any pictures of the event!

Tee hee!


Side note: For those of you who don't already know this is all especially a big deal to us because Baby has Fragile X and struggles with understanding and expressing language. She is 4 and I am so excited that this is even a possibility as there are many kids with FXS who don't learn to use the potty this early.

0 remarks: